Terminator™ Introduces New Breed of Spinnerbaits featuring Super Stainless™ Frames
Fishing Gear- Terminator revolutionized spinnerbaits in 1997 by introducing their now patented titanium frames. You might say history is about to repeat itself. For 2005, Terminator introduces a tough, yet affordable new breed of Super Stainless wire frames that are 30% more bend resistant and offer 47% more vibration than ordinary stainless spinnerbaits.
"In our eight short years, we've become one of the six best-selling brands of freshwater fishing lures. Along the way, a lot of those anglers who grew loyal to Terminator urged us to launch a line of more affordable stainless spinnerbaits. However, our company's philosophy is based on building innovative, longer-lasting, products that improve catch rates.
We're not into racing to beat our competition solely on price. So we refused to enter the stainless market unless we had an alloy that was truly better than ordinary stainless. We now have that with Super Stainless," explained President Jeff Stava.
Terminator draws and shapes all of its own wire, and so they were quick to administer detailed tests to this new breed of stainless wire before considering its use as a. spinnerbait frame. "In a laboratory test, Super Stainless vibrated 47% more underwater, and a torque test measured it to be 30% more resistant to bending than ordinary stainless spinnerbait frames," said Terminator's Product Manger Kyle Thorsen.
But does it catch fish?
"Lab tests are critical, but no more critical than on-the-water performance, so we sent samples of Super Stainless to a select group of very accomplished pro staffers without disclosing what kind of frame it was. At the end of the blind test, those guys said things like 'I don't know what this stuff is, but it feels awesome when you retrieve it, and it flat-out catches fish'. One of our guys in Texas nearly refused to return the samples," said Alan McGuckin, Terminator's Marketing Manager.
THE IMPORTANT SPECS:
• Frame — Lab tests prove that Super Stainless spinnerbait frames vibrate 47% more underwater and resist bending 30% better than ordinary spinnerbait frames.
• Blades — Not just the standard, plain old, cookie-cutter blade styles. But instead, the styles you truly need to catch fish such as single Colorados, Copper colored Indiana blades, and other proven, but hard-to-find combos. All blades feature premium plating for optimal flash. Blade offerings are segmented to fit three major water clarities: Double willows for clear water, tandem willows for stained, Indiana and Colorados for muddy water.
• Skirts — Carefully selected skirts were designed with input from influential anglers in various geographic regions one silicone strand at a time. The result, 18 perfect colors matched to fit a wide range of water clarities. Naturalistic Threadfin tail extensions are featured on the clear and stained water series of skirts.
• Head — The head design of spinnerbaits and jigs is often overlooked. This one was carefully designed to rip through vegetation and roll through wood without getting snagged.
• Hooks — Premium red hooks are featured on the stained and muddy water series. More subtle, black nickel colored hooks were placed on the clear water series at the request of anglers.
• Sizes - 1/4, 3/8, and 1/2 oz.
• Price - around $4 each.
Fishing Gear Comparisons
Fishing Reels Casting
Fishing Rods Casting
Casting Rod-Reel Combos
Fishing Reels Spinning
Fishing Rods Spinning
Spinning Rod-Reel Combos
Hunting Gear Comparisons
Hunting & Fishing Home
Hunting Gear Reviews
Fishing Gear Reviews
Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved