Maptech "Chart Symbols and On-The-Water Guide"Navigation Training Chart
Learning to read and understand a nautical chart can be a frustrating task. Maptech's new "Chart Symbols" is not only a handy visual guide with the most common chart symbols explained, but it also shows how to read a chart that results in safer, more intelligent navigation. For some it will be a refresher of what they learned way back when. For others it will be a perfect start to a lifetime of enjoying the water. "Chart Symbols" retails for $19.95 in the convenient format of a flip and fold waterproof chart.
"Chart Symbols and On-The-Water Guide" is a handy, durable, on-board reference and perfect compliment to Maptech's well received "How to Use a GPS with a Chart" that follows a similar format and price. See www.maptech.com for full details.
Now for a little fun. How about a pop quiz?
Maptech has designed an entertaining web quiz to test how well you know the chart symbols. Go to Info.maptech.com/quiz and see how much or how little you know about some of the more common chart symbols. It's fun and takes only a couple of minutes.
"Chart Symbols" Section Topics include:
1. Planning on your Chart -- Paper and GPS: Relate what you see in the real world to the chart in your hand. Interpret your current coordinates from a GPS to your chart. Plot your position on the chart.
2. Above the Water - A chart gives you a view of the water, but your visual frame of reference is mainly provided by the land and landmarks around you. Learn how they are depicted on the chart.
3. Below the Water -- Understand the water depths and bottom contours.
4. Land, Rocks, Wrecks & Obstructions -- Learn to recognize the potential obstacles on the chart and on the water.
5. Depths and Heights -- Understand tides and their effect on the depth and height of the water.
6. Aids to Navigation, Part I -- The basics: Know and recognize floating and fixed aids like buoys, squares, triangles
7. Aids to Navigation, Part II -- Light patterns, Sound Signals, Preferred Channels, and Ranges
8. Chart Features -- Quick overview on the compass rose, grid lines and latitude and longitude
9. Selecting a Safe Path -- Using coordinates, the chart and GPS position for accuracy and planning a safe path
10. Rules of the Road -- Avoid collisions. Visual tips and right-of-way reminders rules for powerboats and sailboats
More Information: Products available at marine stores nationwide or contact Maptech at www.maptech.com or call 1-888-839-5551.
Fishing Gear Comparisons
Fishing Reels Casting
Fishing Rods Casting
Casting Rod-Reel Combos
Fishing Reels Spinning
Fishing Rods Spinning
Spinning Rod-Reel Combos
Hunting Gear Comparisons
Hunting & Fishing Home
Hunting Gear Reviews
Fishing Gear Reviews
Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved