Archery Hunting - 2005 Maine Archery Hunting Season
The archery license allows bow and arrow hunting for all legal game (except deer during the muzzleloading season) and is required to hunt deer during both archery seasons on deer (October season and expanded archery season). Expanded Archery Hunting Season: September 10 - December 10, 2005 Fall Turkey Hunting Season: October 17 - October 28, 2005
During the expanded archery season, hunters who have a valid archery license will be able to purchase multiple antlerless permits for $13.00 each, and one buck permit for $33.00. (Junior hunters 10 years of age or older and under 16 years of age may hunt during this season with their junior hunting license, but must purchase the expanded archery permits.)
An archery license is also required in addition to a fall turkey hunting permit to hunt wild turkey during the fall turkey hunting season.
Applicants for either of the above licenses must show proof of having successfully completed an archery hunter education course or of having held an adult archery license in any year after 1979.
Junior hunters (10 years of age and under 16) who hold a valid junior hunting license are allowed to hunt with bow and arrow when accompanied by an adult 18 years of age or older.
• Hunter orange clothing is NOT required when hunting with bow and arrow. Anyone who hunts with a firearm must wear hunter orange.
• A handgun may be carried by licensed* hunters while bow hunting but may NOT be used to dispatch deer. (*License to hunt with firearms).
• Laws which allow you to hunt without a license on your own land under certain conditions apply to archery hunting.
• Deer may be taken under the archery provisions only by means of hand-held bow with a minimum draw weight of 35 pounds, and broad-head arrow. Arrow heads must be at least 7/8 inch in width. It is unlawful to use a crossbow* or set bow or to use arrows with poisonous or explosive tips.
*Crossbows are illegal unless permitted otherwise for disabled persons.
• All deer killed by bow and arrow during the archery seasons must be inspected and registered at the first open deer registration station.
• It is legal to hunt until 1/2 hour after sunset during both archery seasons on deer and during the fall turkey hunting season.
• Deer of either sex may be taken during the special archery season.
In addition, all other laws pertaining to deer hunting shall apply to bowhunting.
Source: Maine Department of Inland Fisheries & Wildlife
Fishing Gear Comparisons
Fishing Reels Casting
Fishing Rods Casting
Casting Rod-Reel Combos
Fishing Reels Spinning
Fishing Rods Spinning
Spinning Rod-Reel Combos
Hunting Gear Comparisons
Hunting & Fishing Home
Hunting Gear Reviews
Hunting Bows - Part I
Fishing Gear Reviews
Bass Fishing Reels
Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved