**New Buying Guides and Gear Comparison Charts**
Gear Buying Guides Gear Comparison Charts
** HFG Gear Picks**
Hunting Clothes Hunting Bows Trail Cameras Rifle Scopes Tree Stands
Cross Bows Hunting Boots Bow Sights GPS Units Hunting Coats
Shimano Curado D
Fishing Gear Review
The Shimano Curado D Fishing Reel was introduced to the fishing public in 1991. Since then the Curado D has become one of the most popular low profile baitcasting reels ever produced. The quality and reliability of this fishing reel has proven it’s credibility to pro and amateur fisherman alike.
This fishing reel was designed for ease of use in a multitude of situations. To say it was the “go to fishing reel” is an understatement. The Curado D from Shimano fits into so many fishing situations it’s become an integral part of many of anglers arsenals.
Shimano’s Curado D was also built to withstand whatever elements are thrown at it. The Curado D is also capable of saltwater fishing. No matter what the job is at hand this fishing reel will fit right in. As like other Shimano Reels the quality, fit and feel of the fishing reel is excellent.
Some of the featured highlights are:
Magnumlite Spool This spool provides extremely low startup Inertia for increased line control and casting performance even When using lightweight baits or fishing lures.
• Super Free (SF™) bearing supported pinion gear system Eliminates friction between the pinion gear and spool shaft for Increased freespool.
• High Efficiency Gearing (HEG™) is not only the oversized gears, but also includes the setplate and sideplate, which allow for a high speed retrieve while providing unbelievable fish moving torque (not available on 100D or 101D).
• Variable Brake System (VBS®) uses centrifugal force rather than magnets to aid in controlling the cast for increased distance and adjustability which means more fish.
• Super Stopper® is a one-way roller bearing that eliminates backplay for solid hooksets no matter what type of fishing lure or bait you’re fishing.
• Assist Stopper is a back-up anti-reverse system that reduces the stress placed on the one-way roller bearing to increase durability.
• 1/4 Turn Easy Access Sideplate this flip up turn-key design requires only 1/4 of a turn to remove the sideplate for VBS brake weight adjustments (not available on CU100D or CU101D).
• Turn-Key Access Sideplate flip up the easy to use turn-key and rotate it to remove the sideplate to adjust the VBS brake weights (CU100D and CU101D only).
• Septon®* this handle grip material on the fishing reel is soft to the touch and does not get slippery when wet.
• Reduced Mass VBS hub reduces the weight of the spool increasing freespool and reducing start up inertia.
• PV Power Paddles These oversized paddle grips provide extra power and remain comfortable after a full day of deep cranking.
• Drilled Handle Shank reduces the weight of the fishing reel.
• Dartainium® Drag material provides a wide range of drag settings and the smoothest Shimano drag performance ever from a Shimano Fishing Reel.
• Recessed Reel Foot allows the reel to sit closer to the fishing rod for comfort and maneuverability.
• Clicking Drag Adjustment reduces the chance of the drag backing off at light settings while providing the angler a reference point to how much drag they add or reduce by turning the star.
• Aluminum Frame for tight tolerances and unflexing durability.
MSRP of the Shimano Curado D Fishing Reel is $199.00
Compare Hunting Gear and Fishing Gear Choices below.
Gear Comparison Charts
See and Compare 300 Rifle Scopes on one page!- Click Here
Compare Over 250 Hunting Bows - Click Here.
Digital Trail Cameras - Click Here
Hunting Coats and Hunting Clothes - Click Here
Compare over 500 Hunting Boots by clicking Here
Fishing Gear Comparisons