Registration for 2004 Wal-Mart BFL begins Jan. 6 - online registration available
Tournament registration for the 2004 Wal-Mart Bass Fishing League will open to the public beginning 8 a.m. Central time Jan. 6. Registration entry dates, Jan. 6-15, are based on division. Anglers can register online or by calling FLW Outdoors headquarters at (270) 252-1000.
Registration dates for the 2004 BFL season are listed by division:
Jan. 6 – Bulldog, Gator, Seminole, Louisiana, Mississippi, Savannah River
Jan. 8 – Arkie, Carolina, Choo Choo, Cowboy, Mountain, Music City
Jan. 13 – Bama, LBL, Okie, Ozark, Piedmont, Shenandoah
Jan. 15 – Buckeye, Great Lakes, Hoosier, Illini, Michigan, Northeast
In addition, any co-angler who registers with a boater or any boater who registers with a co-angler by a tournament's priority-entry deadline will receive priority-entry status. Make sure to check tournament schedules for both priority-entry and final registration deadlines.
Field sizes remain the same for 2004, with 200 boaters and 200 co-anglers comprising a full field, and entry fees also remain unchanged. Boater Division entry fees are $150 for one-day events and $300 for Super Tournaments, and co-angler entry fees are $75 for one-day tournaments and $150 for Super Tournaments.
Specific registration and participation rules regarding the 2004 BFL are as follows:
* Participation is open only to members of FLW Outdoors who are 16 years of age or older. Any person entering a tournament under the age of majority must also have the signature of their parent or legal guardian in the provided space on the entry form. All contestants must have in their possession a valid fishing license.
* A boater whose entry is received in-house at FLW Outdoors by the priority entry deadline with a co-angler along with the co-angler's membership number (whose entry is received in-house at FLW Outdoors by the priority entry deadline) will receive entry priority and, if accepted into the tournament, will be drawn with a co-angler. A co-angler whose entry is received in-house at FLW Outdoors by the priority entry deadline with a boater along with the boater's membership number (whose entry is received in-house at FLW Outdoors by the priority entry deadline) will receive entry priority. All others will be taken in order of entry (first-come, first-served).
* Each tournament will have a total field of 400 contestants (unless state law mandates a smaller number of contestants). Entries received after the field has filled will be placed on a waiting list. Those placed on the waiting list who do not fish the tournament will have their entry returned and will maintain Wild Card eligibility.
* A completed entry form and the entry fee must be postmarked no later than the published entry deadline for each tournament. Late entries will be accepted except for tournaments with a full field. Late entries must be accompanied by a $25.00 non-refundable service charge and submitted no later than 7:00 p.m. local time (time at the tournament site) the day before the tournament. Entry fees may be transferred or refunded provided FLW Outdoors is notified by 5:00 p.m. Central time Tuesday, prior to Saturday's tournament (FLW Outdoors business hours are 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Central time); entry fees will not be transferred or refunded after Tuesday. There will be a $10.00 service charge for each refund of an entry fee.
* Wild Card eligibility - Contestants who pay an entry fee, prior to the tournament, in all five tournaments in a division and do not qualify for regional competition in any division will automatically qualify for the Wild Card Regional Tournament. Entry fees cannot be transferred or refunded to maintain eligibility (except for those on a waiting list).
* Point standings - 200 points will be awarded to the winner of each qualifying tournament, 199 for 2nd, 198 for 3rd, etc. 300 points will be awarded to the winner of each super tournament, 299 for 2nd, 298 for 3rd, etc. All anglers who receive weight credit will receive points. The boater year-end division points champion will receive $1,000. The co-angler year-end division points champion will receive $500. The top 30 boaters and co-anglers from the year-end points standings from each division (ties resolved by total weight) will be invited to a Regional Championship and will receive priority entry status in their respective class for the 2005 EverStart Series. If anyone in the top 30 is unable to attend a Regional Championship, the next person in the point standings may be invited.
Registration can be completed online or by contacting FLW Outdoors headquarters via phone, fax or mail at:
30 Gamble Road
Benton, KY 42025
(270) 252-1000, phone
(270) 252-1001, fax
Fishing Gear Comparisons
Fishing Reels Casting
Fishing Rods Casting
Casting Rod-Reel Combos
Fishing Reels Spinning
Fishing Rods Spinning
Spinning Rod-Reel Combos
Hunting Gear Comparisons
Hunting & Fishing Home
Hunting Gear Reviews
Hunting Bows - Part I
Fishing Gear Reviews
Bass Fishing Reels
Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved